TENNIS FACILITY RULES, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- COVID-19 Policies and Procedures: All members and guests must sign and return the LBC COVID RELEASE AGREEMENT (i.e. waiver). The signed waiver can be returned one of three ways: 1) emailed to LeslieBeachNews@gmail.com or 2) dropped off at the concessions window with the LBC COVID-19 Supervisor during swim hours or 3) dropped in the mailbox at 2658 Leslie Dr. NE. In addition, all members and guests must abide by the LBC COVID-19 TENNIS FACILITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES. in addition to the rules and regulations below.
TENNIS RULES - GENERAL
- Members must always register before play begins on ReserveMyCourt.
- Members must wear appropriate tennis attire and non-marking shoes. No black sole shoes are permitted on the courts.
- ALTA team practice and matches are scheduled in advance and take priority over general play.
- No activity is allowed on the courts other than tennis.
- The gates must be locked upon exiting the courts.
- At least one player on each court must be a club member.
TENNIS RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Available Court: Courts available for play that have not been reserved.
- Reserved Court: An “Available Court” that has been reserved within 7 days for its intended use.
Reserved-In-Advance: Courts 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 are allowed to be reserved or scheduled 7 days in advance. Play is limited to 2 hours, unless otherwise designated. Courts may be Reserved-In-Advance for the following purposes:
- Scheduled team practices and team matches, flex-league matches.
- Make-up matches relative to team play whether it is a Team (Dual Meet) or Individual Position make-up match or flex-league make-up match.
- Any other advance sign-up approved by the Tennis Committee.
- Members may make reservations for Available Courts within 7 days prior to the time of the intended use by using the ReserveMyCourt on-line court reservation system.
- Each member may reserve one Available Court for two hours each day. Play may continue on an Available Court but not on a reserved basis.
- Reservations are forfeited when players are not at the court within 10 minutes after the time for which the court was reserved.
- If after reserving an Available Court a member finds they cannot play during the scheduled time, the reserving member(s) name(s) should be removed from the ReserveMyCourt on-line reservation system so that others may schedule court time.
- Any member playing on any court must sign-up before play begins. This does not apply to team matches, team practice, flex-league matches and special functions. League court sign-up rules are under section IV. 3, 4 & 5. This will enable the Tennis Committee and club members to verify that those playing on the courts are actually members of LBC.
Guests are permitted to use the courts at LBC as long as at least one player on each court is a club member.
- A guest is defined as a child or adult residing outside the membership area or residing inside the membership area but not holding a membership within the last three years. Children who no longer permanently reside at the membership home are considered guests.
IV. TEAM PLAY
- LBC members in good standing may participate on approved teams.
- Captains should strive to form teams consisting of LBC players only. However, in order to field teams and prevent forfeitures, non-member participation is sometimes needed.
- The number of non-members allowed on a team must be less than 50% of the minimum required to field a team.
Example 1: ALTA requires twelve players to field a team. The maximum number of non-member participants would be five.
Example 2: USTA requires ten players to field a team. The maximum number of non-member participants would be four.
In order for an approved non-LBC member to participate on a team, the following requirements must be met;
- The non-member must not have held an LBC membership for at least the previous three years.
- The non-member’s name, address, telephone number and $75.00 fee (payable per team for each season) must be submitted to the Tennis Committee prior to the beginning of the season.
- If the non-member is an add-on, the items described above are required before participation is allowed. The captain must obtain approval from LBC members on his or her team before requesting that a non-member be allowed to participate.
- Each captain must provide a copy of the team roster that was submitted for league play to the Tennis Committee prior to the beginning of the season identifying guest players. Any add-ons to a team roster must be submitted to the Tennis Committee as they occur.
- Teams are permitted to have one scheduled team practice per week and two courts for two hours. Practice times available Monday through Thursday nights are either 6-8 pm or 8-10 pm.
- Each team must submit to the Tennis Committee the day and time desired for their weekly practice four weeks prior to their first match. A schedule of team practice days and times will be emailed to the captains. Captains are responsible for reserving courts on ReserveMyCourt.
- Team practices are not to be expanded to other Available Courts or Reserved by members of the practicing team. Available Courts should be available for general sign-up without having to ask someone to vacate the court.
- During the time in which two teams are practicing or when a Two Team Home Match is in progress, Court 5 may not be used for any type of team instruction.
- Teams are responsible for emptying on-court trash cans after practice.
- A copy of the team season home match schedule should be submitted to the Tennis Committee within 24 hours after the Captain receives it. A schedule of all home matches with court assignments will be emailed to captains. Captains are responsible for reserving courts for matches on ReserveMyCourt.
- Since league play requires at least two courts to be available at the designated starting time, any play on the two courts Reserved-In-Advance for league play must stop in order for the courts to be available for the scheduled team match.
One Team Home Match
- Three courts will be Reserved-In-Advance for the team match. No other courts may be used by that team during the match.
Two Team Home Matches
- Each team will Reserve-In-Advance two courts. Use of the fifth court will be decide by the Tennis Committee after all home match dates have been submitted.
Flex-League Home Matches
- Flex-League players may reserve one court 7 days in advance of the match for up to two hours.
- Teams are responsible for emptying on-court trash cans and placing large the large roller trash bins at the street for pickup.
- During times when the pool is not open, this duty also includes restrooms.
- Team Make-Up Matches
- Three courts may be Reserved-In-Advance for a team make-up match if courts are available or can be worked out with other team captains. The team captain should be aware that if the match extends into previously reserved court time, reserved court time has priority. If a team reserves three courts for a team make-up match, additional courts may not be signed up for individual position make-ups relative to the same eam make-up match being played on the three reserved courts. No other courts may be used by that team during the match.
- Captains should first work to use their existing practice times for make-up matches. Then they should work with other team captains if additional courts are needed during another team's practice time. Make-up matches take precedence over practices.
- Individual Position or Flex-League Make-Up Matches
- An Individual Position make-up match is one where each position is responsible for completing their position match. Any Available Court may be Reserved-In-Advance for an Individual Position make-up match. Team captains are encouraged to accommodate a member who appeals to them for a court at least 24 hours in advance of a scheduled practice, if that member has exhausted other options to schedule a league (ALTA, USTA, flex-league) make-up match and no courts are available, by relinquishing one of their two Reserved-In-Advance practice courts (the practice courts and times for the teams making up matches should be the first to be used). These discussions should be conducted in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation.
- Before the formation of a new team, those involved must contact the Tennis Committee regarding the availability of courts for practice and matches.
- Captains serve in leadership roles and are expected to fully comply with all LBC tennis rules. Failure to do so subjects them to not being permitted to serve in the role of captain for future teams representing the club unless specifically approved by the tennis committee.
Persons who are not members may participate in tennis instruction at LBC if there is availability after members have had a chance to sign up first. Non-members approved to play on a team may participate in team coaching only.
Coaching is not permitted on holidays.
For the purpose of instruction, court time may not be reserved by a member for more than one hour in one day except for sanctioned team practices.
- Tennis attire, including shirts, is to be worn on the courts at all times. Tennis shoes are to be worn on the playing surfaces at all times. No basketball shoes, running or dark sole shoes, shoes with a heel or bare feet are permitted on the playing surface.
VII. MISCELLANEOUS AND AUTHORITY OF TENNIS COMMITTEE
Roller skates, tricycles, bicycles, skateboards or other toys are not permitted on the courts.
Night play stops at 11:00 PM. The last person leaving the courts is responsible for turning off the lights and closing the gates.
Place all trash in the cans provided. Please help keep the courts clean by emptying court trash cans after practice or match play. When large bins are full, roll cans to the street and replace with an empty bin.
The Tennis Committee is responsible for the conduct of tennis activities in accordance with the Tennis Rules and Regulations.
The Tennis Committee Chairperson may grant variances to the Tennis Rules and Regulations.
VIII. COURT COURTESY
When you play at Leslie Beach, please remember basic rules of tennis etiquette.
- Courteous behavior by members and visitors is expected at all times.
- Keep conversation on your court at a level that will not disturb players who are playing on the other courts.
- Close the tennis gates when you exit the court.
- It is your responsibility to return all balls that roll into your court area. If your ball rolls on to another court, it is the responsibility of that court to return the ball to you. Do not go into another person’s court area to retrieve your ball. Please do not walk behind a court when a point is in progress. If you need to exit or enter a far court, wait until the point in progress is over or until players on that court have given you permission to pass.
- Parents, please go over these rules with your children before they sign up for court play.